HOSODA INTERNATIONAL PATENT OFFICEHOSODA & CO.
|OMM Building 5th Floor, P.O. Box 26, 1-7-31 Otemae,
Chuo-ku, Osaka 540-6591 JAPAN
Our firm was established in 1990, specializing in intellectual property matters in Japan, especially patents in the fields of chemistry and biotechnology. Our work is mainly concerned with the following:
- - Patent applications in the field of chemistry and biotechnology
- - Trials at the Japanese Patent Office
- - Opinions on patent validity and infringement
- - Enforcing patents against infringement
- - Defending clients from infringement charged by others
- - Consultation of patent matters
Yoshinori HOSODA (Patent Attorney receiving the additional Indication of Specific Infringement Litigation Representation Work):
Mr. Hosoda has been actively engaged in the intellectual property law field as a patent attorney. Prior to starting his private office in 1990, he had worked for Sumitomo Chemical Company and Sumitomo Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. for 18 years, initially being engaged in medical development and then as the chief of biotechnology patent group at Patent Department. During this period, he experienced many cases concerning various kinds of biotechnology patents such as recombinant DNA technology, antibodies and protein chemistry.
Mr. Hosoda graduated from Hiroshima University, majoring in biochemistry and has extensive experience in the art fields of chemistry, biochemistry and biotechnology. He has been involved in counseling clients on validity of the patents and infringement and a frequent lecturer on patent law topics before a number of groups in Japan and foreign countries. He is a member of AIPPI Japan.
Mr. Hosoda's activities in intellectual property matters are summarized as follows:
- 1995 A speaker at IBC's Intellectual Property and Patent Protection for Pharmaceuticals and Biologies Conference in Washington, D.C.
- 1996 ~ 1997A member of Biotech Patents Committee in JAPAN PATENT ATTORNEYS ASSOCIATION
- 1999 ~A lecturer for the seminar of Chemical Course in JAPAN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ASSOCIATION
- 2000 ~A lecturer for the seminar of Chemical Course in JAPAN PATENT ATTORNEYS ASSOCIATION
- 2000 ~ 2001A member of Biotech Patents Study Group at the Central Institute for the Intellectual Property Law in JAPAN PATENT ATTORNEYS ASSOCIATION
- 2000 ~ 2007A patent advisor for JAPAN ADVANCED INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, HOKURIKU
- 2003 ~ 2005A member of Patents Committee in JAPAN PATENT ATTORNEYS ASSOCIATION
- 2004 A member of Patents Evaluation Committee of Kyoto University
- 2004 ~ 2009An expert commissioner of Courts
- 2006 ~ 2007A member of Bio, Life Science Committee in JAPAN PATENT ATTORNEYS ASSOCIATION
- 2011 Representative manager of Kansai Patent Attorneys Study Group (KTK)
- 1991Joint translator of "Practice of the U.S. Patent"
- 2002Coauthor of a book regarding "Parameter invention"
- 2004"Filing Strategy for Chemical and Biotech Patents"
- 2006"Filing Strategy for Chemical and Biotech Patents (2nd edition)"
- 2006Coauthor of "From Clones to Claims (4th edition)"
- 2008"Filing Strategy for Chemical and Biotech Patents (3rd edition)"
- 2010"Filing Strategy for Chemical and Biotech Patents (4th edition)"
- 2012"Filing Strategy for Chemical and Biotech Patents (5th edition)"
Please get off at Temmabashi Station.
OMM Building adjoins to the Station.
Upon visiting our office, please use the central elevator of the building.
HOSODA INTERNATIONAL PATENT OFFICE
OMM Building 5th Floor, P.O. Box 26, 1-7-31 Otemae,
Chuo-ku, Osaka 540-6591 JAPAN